We've simplified the process of designing and developing an optimized website.
- Who will be visiting the site?
- What will they be trying to accomplish?
- What action do you want them to take? e.g. buy something - send you an email - download a file - call you - generate a lead?
- How do you ensure this - call to action - matches up with what they are trying to accomplish?
- In other words, what do they need to know/feel/believe in order to confidently take that action?
- Website Analysis and design gather and organize your content and information - information architecture and taxonomy organization. From here we develop scenarios to build out the site.
- Website Build > This is the stage where we install software, add wireframes, navigation, test / fix, tweak, and conduct usability testing.
- Website Training > Teach users how to use the content management system. Follow up.
Each phase produces a set of documents that moves the process forward. All of these phases run concurrently. We start usability testing early and do it often. We use profiles of your prospective site visitors to answer some of the above questions in the absence of real data.
A note about web content development. We provide services for writing and optimizing website content. Content covers a lot of stuff in addition to copy on pages. Things like link names, title tags, page titles, alt tags, task names, meta data, image names and descriptions, and call-to-action buttons. These pieces of website content all have to work together for a site to be usable and effective.
â€¢ Content audit/inventory â€¢ Site map â€¢ Wireframes â€¢ Style guide
We use a CMS Drupal to build simple to complex website applications. More info on Drupal, QuickStudy: Drupal This open-source content management system offers a flexible way to build and organize Web sites, from Computerworld.