"Each year, Datatran Media conducts its annual survey to capture insights from marketers around the globe. This year, Datran Media asked marketers to address their toughest challenges in this increasingly difficult economy. The results of the survey reveal significant optimism towards 2010 marketing and advertising spending, after a decline in 2009. "
Online Audience Analytics Marketers are focused on quantifying ROI this year:
- 72.8% say they now use audience measurement and analytics to assess the success of their digital campaigns, while just 21.6% do not.
- Over one-half (54.4%) of marketers say they have optimized campaigns based on audience measurement analytics, while 29.6% have not done so as yet, but plan to in 2010 or beyond.
- Most marketers cite clicks (72%), conversions (59.2%), and impressions (58.4%) as the three most important metrics:
Driving Brand Awareness and Revenue with Analytics
Nearly one-half 46.4%) of marketers say accurate online audience measurement is very important for driving increased brand awareness, revenue, and better campaign performance, while another 40.8% say it is somewhat important.
Among the greatest challenges to conducting online audience measurement, marketers cite the following:
- Accuracy: 29.5%
- Lack of ability to take action on data: 23.2%
- Wasted impressions: 9.6%
- Standards: 8.0% Some 26.4% of marketers say they do not conduct online audience measurement.
Check out Avinash Kaushik's blog about web analytics and website optimization. His ideas on web analytics data helps marketers and web analysts (like us) get actionable insights from their data.
Read more about the marketing survey over on Marketing Profs, Marketers: Shifting to Digital; Email, Search Perform Best.Business Development Ideas roi marketing search email web analytics website goals channels measurement targeting audiance